August 27: Church in the Homes. More information coming soon.
September 3: All Church Potluck Picnic. At 12.30 following the service.
Note to you from Mariam LaRue: “Thank you so much for the lovely flowers that were sent to Gary’s memorial. Also, thanks to all who participated in the service, including the food. Many thanks to the caregivers who blessed our lives in so many ways these past 14 months. Out church made quite the impression on many who attended the service. —The LaRue Family
We Need YOU! Before you know it, fall will be upon us. With the change in season comes the start of our fall programs. Please be in prayer about how you can serve the body by to help in some way. There will be opportunities like preparing coffee or food, teaching Sunday School, serving on ministry teams, or being on a list to help when help is needed. Remember, many hands make light work. If everyone chips in a bit, then no one carries the burden alone.
Some MORE ideas for where you could serve:
- Assist the Helps Ministry in caring for our lawns and buildings.
- Lend a hand to the homeschool program.
- Offer to help with special programs for the men’s or women’s ministry.
- Join the Prayer Team and support our church family in prayer.
- Offer to participate in special services when there’s a need, i.e., Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Help organize the kids’ Christmas Shoe Box ministry.
- Help Organize the Christmas Dinner event.
- Help Jane think of more ideas! (This is listed to see if you actually are reading the bulletin—grin)
All this work gets done by someone. This year it could be you!!
New Landscaping: We want to let you know that YCC is getting a facelift! A landscaping company has offered to do the job, free of charge, and we are taking them up on their offer. Watch for changes coming soon.